Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Walking By Faith: Part 2

Sometimes I can totally relate to Peter:  “Cool! I’m walking on water!  I’m walking on water!  Oh, no!  I’m walking on water!  I’m going to fall!”

I forget that God has done some amazing things in my life.  He gave me my boys, which I could never thank Him enough for.  He gave TJ the therapy that helped him and the strength he needs to get through all these years of appointments.  He gave us the wisdom to know what to do for our sons and the strength to get through each and every day.

I forget how God has led us on a spiritual journey this summer and guided us to find our new church home (thank you to all those that have been praying for us on this subject). 

I forget.

Lately, it has been too easy to forget.  I have gotten some news about my health that has crippled me with fear.  It is nothing dire and it is something I can change, but for awhile, I felt paralyzed.  I was sinking like Peter.

I have wanted to give up.  I told myself, “Amanda, you tried this before and nothing ever worked.”  It’s true, I tried.  But I need to give up control and let God take the reins.  I pray that He gives me the wisdom to make the choices that are best for my life and that He gives me the strength to keep moving forward.

How can I do anything else but put my faith in God?  I look around every day and see His hand in my life.  My sons can speak.  They couldn’t do that without Him.  TJ is going into middle school, in regular classes, with friends who don’t even realize he is autistic.  That is God.  TL is learning new things everyday and has a smile a mile wide.  That is God. 

Why would I think God would fail me now?  He won’t.  I know, because I am walking by faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment