Saturday, June 11, 2011

Walking By Faith

“But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, “Lord, save me!” And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” (Matthew 14:30-31)

“You of little faith”…gosh, He could be talking to me!  So many times I have felt like Peter:  like when things look difficult or when choices seem impossible or when I am “rocking the boat.”  Sometimes, in those moments, I crumble from the fear and the worry.  I start to sink in those rocky waves.

But Paul reminds us, “…we walk by faith, not by sight” (2 Corinthians 5:7).  Walk by faith?  Yeah, walk by faith.  God is there for me and will always comfort me.  He has been where I have yet to go and knows every twist and turn by heart.  I simply have to walk by faith.  “Simply,” yeah right, anything but.

Yet, this is what my family has been doing this past month—walking by faith.  So many changes have come our way and there are dozens of unknowns that could cause a summer full of sleepless nights.  Yet, they don’t.  We have decided to walk by faith.

God will take us where we need to go or show us where we don’t.  There will be missteps and doubts along the way (we are human), but I hold strong to walking by faith.  As we embark upon middle school for TJ, prepare for TL’s transition to school district services, and leave the church we have called home for 6 years, we walk by faith.

We just ask one favor, though:  keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment