Thursday, April 28, 2011

Blessings

So, I have decided to move past the anger talked about in some of my recent blogs.  Don’t get me wrong, I still maintain my positions, but I refuse to let these issues take my focus away from God and my children.  Reading through 1 Corinthians, I am reminded that there have always been misguided people, there have always been divisions, and there have always been judgments.  What I am responsible for is how I behave and react.

I have decided that my last posting for April will be on all the blessings that our family has received this month.  It really has been a blessings-filled month!

·         We found a local church that offers free respite days for parents of special needs children.  My husband and I were able to enjoy a romantic night out and the boys had a lot of fun.
·         TJ went to science camp—and survived (so did we)!  More than that, he came back with a lot of great stories and new experiences.
·         TL was approved to start having some services at an autistic center on top of his in-home ABA.  This means he will get more chance to interact with other children and gain social skills.
·         TL can now identify all numbers 1-9 and letters A-D.
·         TL said his first two-word combination (that was not an echo) last week, “bye-bye, Daddy.”  Since then, he has put more words with “bye-bye” and has begun to combine words with the phrase “all done.”
·         On Saturday, TL said his brother’s name.  Usually, he has called him “brother,” which is cute, but TJ really wanted him to say his name.  He got that wish and TJ was over the moon!
·         On Sunday, we enjoyed a wonderful Easter morning and TJ adjusted well to us helping a different service at church—although he said it was little too wild for him.
·         After church, we took a spontaneous trip to Monterey and the boys had a great time at Dennis the Menace Park.
·         And just today, TL got up and after having a diaper change by Daddy, he came and gave me the biggest and longest hug he has ever given me.  The whole time he said “Mommy, Mommy.”  He finished off by giving me a kiss and another short hug.

God has blessed us this month and every month.  Focusing on these blessings is how I choose to react .

No comments:

Post a Comment